This training program provides participants with the skills and knowledge to properly and confidently, identify manual handling hazards or hazardous manual tasks in their workplace, conduct risk assessments of those hazards and suggest appropriate control measures.
Graduates will be able to conduct manual handling risk assessments and apply the Backsafe Hierarchy of Controls to eliminate or reduce the risk of creating musculoskeletal injuries in your workplace.
Training sessions take between 4-5 hours to complete depending on the existing knowledge of the attendees and will cover the following content;
- An understanding of the relevant WHS Act, Manual Handling Regulations and Code of Practice for your state or territory.
- What is a Manual Handling Hazard or Hazardous Manual Handling
- The difference between Hazards and Risks in the workplace.
- Sources of risks and how to assess them.
- How to conduct a formal Manual Handling Risk Assessment
- Applying the Hierarchy of Controls to control the risk.
- How to monitor your progress of elimination or mitigation.
- Introduction to SOPs and SWMS.
We recommend this training to anyone who is involved in the identification of hazards and undertaking risk assessments in the workplace.