Ergonomics to manage Work Health & Safety Hazards and Risks (BSBWHS607A)
Ergonomics is a science that aims to learn about human abilities and limitations, then have staff apply that knowledge to improve people's interaction with products, systems and environments. This practical training will address the principles, processes and methods of Ergonomics and how they can be applied to managing health and safety hazards and risks in the workplace.
Sample Program Content
- How to identify Ergonomics hazards and use Ergonomics to address Work Health & Safety (WHS) issues
- How to apply Ergonomics when planning and designing activities
- How to ensure Ergonomics activities comply with all applicable WHS legislation, regulations, codes of practice and workplace procedures
- When to seek advice, support and input from specialists.
- Show how SBWHS607A Apply Ergonomics to manage Work Health & Safety Hazards and Risks can be applied to any situation in any workplace.
Who should attend this training?
Those who manage WHS hazards and risks in their workplace and need to consider the role of Ergonomics such as WHS managers and Coordinators.
How is the program's content covered?
This program is undertaken face-to-face in a classroom over a 2 day period. A minimum of 6 attendees and a maximum of 16 are ideal for this training. There is a workbook and a series of visuals that you will be given at the training session.
Where is this program delivered?
This program can be delivered in your workplace anywhere in Australia, New Zealand or the Pacific. The training can be at any time of the day or night.
There are no prerequisites to this training only an interest in getting the job done safely. A practical knowledge of WHS is beneficial.
A certificate of attendance will be issued at the completion of this training program upon request.
- Backsafe Assessment
- OH & S System Audit
- OH & S Policy Development
- OH & S Management Development
- OH & S System Assessment
- Manual Handling Site Audit
- Incident Investigation
- Office Ergonomic Job Station Set-ups
- Industrial Ergonomic Job Station Set-ups
- Ergonomic Review
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling Management Strategy