Backsafe Manual Handling Level 1
This is an on the job training program tailored to the specific needs of your business and employees. These training sessions are conducted in groups of up to 20 people at a time and take between 100 -120 minutes to complete.
After this training, you can expect immediate results with a reduction in injuries and raised awareness of the internal barriers to safe work methods. Staff and supervisors will begin the process of improving the safety level of the workplace while achieving higher productivity and improved morale.
The value to the individual of working safely is made clear and positive behavioural change is immediate.
Sample Program Content
- Basic human anatomy and an easy to understand explanation and demonstration of how and why manual handling injuries occur
- Demonstration and supervision of a series of warm-up and stretching exercises to avoid soft tissue injuries and to prepare staff ready for work
- Practical, correct lifting exercises are tailored to your workplace needs
- Manual handling tips are demonstrated, discussed and practiced by all
- Correct postures (sitting, standing and even sleeping postures) are discussed, offering new solutions
- Ergonomic principles to avoid MSD's (Musculo-skeletal disorders) and how to eliminate hazardous manual tasks or how to mitigate the risk are shown and drilled
- Creating a new moving habit is discussed
Who should attend this training?
All employees, supervisors and management who carry out or oversee manual handling in their day to day work and home lives should attend. This is relevant to all people in all industries and all workplaces.
How is the program's content covered?
This practical, hands-on and face to face program is undertaken on site starting in a meeting room/classroom or lunch room and then moving on to the workplace floor or to a safe area where the workplace is simulated. Due to the practical nature of this manual handling program, the maximum class size is 20 participants. This class size is best to foster healthy discussion and yet small enough to make the training session personal.This face to face training and assessment of practical application also helps you comply with State based OH&S Acts and the Manual Handling Code(s) of Practice or the Hazardous Manual Tasks Code of Practice and maximises the chance of your staff remaining injury free at work and working towards zero harm for all.For remote workplaces, some on-line training is possible so long as we can work out a way of having the practical drills assessed by a competent trainer/assessor or trained Backsafe Safety Champion. This blended learning approach works well under the guidance of our training manager.
Where and when is this Backsafe Program delivered?
This program is always delivered in your workplace and is delivered using your tools, your equipment and your materials, in any geographical location. We are insured by RTO Insurance to indemnify you against public liability claims and we are also professionally indemnified.The training can be at any time of the day or night depending on your schedule. A small additional cost is charged to compensate our trainers for work outside normal hours.
There are no prerequisites for this program.
- Backsafe Assessment
- OH & S System Audit
- OH & S Policy Development
- OH & S Management Development
- OH & S System Assessment
- Manual Handling Site Audit
- Incident Investigation
- Office Ergonomic Job Station Set-ups
- Industrial Ergonomic Job Station Set-ups
- Ergonomic Review
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling Management Strategy