On-site Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments
Employers must, as far as reasonably practicable, identify hazardous manual handling tasks and control any risk so as to eliminate or reduce the risk of musculo-skeletal disorders (MSD).
It is hazardous manual handling that needs to be identified and the associated risk of musculo-skeletal disorders assessed and controlled. The process of doing this will allow the employer to differentiate between work processes that harm or maim and those that may be difficult to do, but are easy to recover from and do not cause long term damage (MSD) to operators.
Concentration on harmless manual handling tasks because they appear to be dangerous without a formal assessment costs money and steals time that could be spent on productive proactive safety management. The trained eye can often save considerable time and money.
Content of service
- Manual Handling Hazard Identification
- Risk Assessment and consultations with stake holders
- Creating Controls
- Safe Work Method Statements involving Manual Handling and SOPs to be aligned with the suggested controls
A written report will be generated after this assessment service with a full photographic report. A list of issues will be created from the review ranked from highest to lowest in severity pointing to the most urgent issues for controls.
- Backsafe Assessment
- OH & S System Audit
- OH & S Policy Development
- OH & S Management Development
- OH & S System Assessment
- Manual Handling Site Audit
- Incident Investigation
- Office Ergonomic Job Station Set-ups
- Industrial Ergonomic Job Station Set-ups
- Ergonomic Review
- Hazard Identification & Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling Management Strategy